Notre Dame is introducing a new program designed to encourage more eco-friendly commuting: preferred parking spots will now be available in five lots on campus for qualifying low emissions vehicles. Click here for more information.
10 General Rules for Parking at Notre Dame
- Permission must be obtained from a gate officer before driving on campus.
- Pedestrians have the right-of-way at all times.
- Do not park in any safety zones, no parking areas, loading zones, driveways/roads or block any trash receptacles. Don’t park in any area not specifically marked as a parking area.
- Everyone MUST register vehicles each academic year and display the decal in the proper location. Parking decals are non-transferable.
- Do not park in a lot in which you haven’t been assigned. Students may not park in faculty/staff lots from 5 a.m to 5 p.m. on weekdays. (See Snow Removal rules.)
- Visitors, including parents, need a guest pass to park in any parking area.
- Park between the lines in designated parking spaces.
- All rules, including those for timed parking zones and the Post Office, are enforced at all times, every day, including student holidays.
- Parking rules are enforced every day of the year even during breaks and holidays.
- If you have questions or problems with parking, call the Parking Office at (574) 631-5053 or contact Security at (574) 631-5555. (Security is open 24 hours every day to help you!)
Contact the Parking Office
The Parking Office is located on the first floor of Hammes Mowbray Hall. The hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am until 4:45pm.
Phone: (574) 631-5053