- Home ›
- Parking & Traffic ›
- Parking Rules
10 General Rules for Parking at Notre Dame
- Permission must be obtained from a gate officer before driving on campus.
- Pedestrians have the right-of-way at all times.
- Do not park in any safety zones, no parking areas, loading zones, driveways/roads or block any trash receptacles. Don’t park in any area not specifically marked as a parking area.
- Everyone MUST register vehicles each academic year and display the decal in the proper location. Parking decals are non-transferable.
- Do not park in a lot in which you haven’t been assigned. Students may not park in faculty/staff lots from 5 a.m to 5 p.m. on weekdays. (See Snow Removal rules.)
- Visitors, including parents, need a guest pass to park in any parking area.
- Park between the lines in designated parking spaces.
- All rules, including those for timed parking zones and the Post Office, are enforced at all times, every day, including student holidays.
- Parking rules are enforced every day of the year even during breaks and holidays.
- If you have questions or problems with parking, call the Parking Office at (574) 631-5053 or contact Security at (574) 631-5555. (Security is open 24 hours every day to help you!)